Ola S1 electric scooter launched with car-like features. Event highlights here
The company has been hyping the price aspect of the scooter, which hints that it might undercut its competition.
Ola Scooter bookings were opened last month and the Ola Electric company is finally introducing us to its first offering ever. The electric scooter is expected to disrupt the electric two-wheeler segment which is in its nascent stage.
The Ola S1 Scooter comes with many segment-first features that seem to be borrowed from expensive cars. The Ola S1 gets a hill-hold-like feature to help riders on steep slopes. It also gets cruise control, a feature that is missing even in many entry-level cars.
The company had opened bookings for the scooter one month prior to the launch with a token amount of ₹499.
Ola S1 scooter launch event highlights:
- The Ola Futurefactory will be the biggest building in India. Both Delhi and Mumbai airports can fit within the Ola factory: Bhavish Aggarwal, Ola CEO
- Our Ola Scooter S1 has the best performance: Aggarwal
- The top speed has been set at 115kmph
- It comes with three driving mode Normal, Sport and Hyper
- The scooter can reach a speed of 40 kmph in 3 seconds
- The scooter can provide a driving range of 181 km
- The scooter also gets hill-hold like feature as well as cruise control
- The Scooter S1 gets a 7-inch display which is powered by an Octa core chipset with 3GB RAM
- The scooter automatically locks and unlocks using the application
- The display also provides different odometer styles and sounds to match the theme. The feature is called 'moods'.
- The Ola S1 comes with a native navigation application
- The scooter also comes with built-in speakers which can even be used to receive calls
- Ola S1 will get the capacity to store two helmets in the boot
- Ola S1 has been priced at ₹99,999 (ex-showroom price)
- Ola S1 Pro has been priced at ₹1,29,999 (ex-showroom price)
- The prices will be lower for states that provide FAME subsidy.
- In Delhi, the prices will start at ₹85,099 (all prices ex-showroom)
- In Gujarat, the prices will start at ₹79,999
- In Maharashtra, the prices will start at ₹94,999
- In Rajasthan, the prices will start at ₹89,968
Ola Electric is expected to price the scooter aggressively. The company has been hyping the price aspect of the scooter, which hints that it might undercut its competition from TVS, Ather, Bajaj Auto, Simple Energy, among others. The scooter is expected to be priced below the ₹1-lakh mark.
Earlier, the company had claimed that bookings have poured in from over 1000 Indian cities and the company plans to start delivering to all locations simultaneously. The Ola Scooter S1 can also be home delivered to buyers.
Ola Electric Scooter range and price will be announced shortly but the company has revealed that the Scooter can be charged up to 50% in 18 minutes and a 50% charge can deliver 75 km driving range. We can expect the company to provide a driving range of 150 km on at least one of the variants. The Ola Scooter is expected to be launched in three variants with different features.
Ola Scooter features have been trickled down to the interested buyers for the past few months. The company has revealed most of the features including a reverse mode.
Ola Electric has claimed that the scooter will come with the biggest boot space in its segment. Acceleration and speed stats have also been hinted earlier. The company might provide a top speed of 100kmph and has also claimed a “breathtaking acceleration" with the new scooter.